If you have been following me on Instagram (please do if you have not!), you are probably aware of the H&M Garment Recycling Project that is ongoing at the moment. In line with the launch of their “Conscious” campaign, H&M offers you a S$10 voucher if you bring a bag of unwanted garments to their store.
Showcasing my shopping voucher, against the Garment Recycling Box.
I visited H&M at Orchard Building this afternoon with a bag of 4 pieces of unwanted garments. I queued up at the cashier and when it finally was my turn, I indicated to the lady that I was here to donate my old clothes. She promptly asked me to fill in my name and phone number, and issued me the voucher. Subsequently, I deposited my bag of garments into the recycling box that was located near the cashier.
Voila. Quite easily done.
Here are some important things to note about this exercise:
- Each person is only allowed to donate maximum 2 bags per day. There is no limit on how big the bag should be, or how many pieces per bag.
- The S$10 voucher requires a minimum spend of S$80 and is valid till 30 June 2013. Only one voucher can be redeemed in one transaction. Offer is not valid for purchase of H&M gift cards or sale and offer items.
- H&M will send these clothes to a processing plant to sort out items that could be reworn, reused, recycled or used to produce energy.
- For more details on this exercise, please visit H&M’s website here.
I took the opportunity to check out the H&M Conscious collection, which was launched last Thursday. Some of the designs that I was eyeing were not available. In fact, I asked one of the sales assistants about the printed pants and was told that this design was almost sold out. There were plenty of printed sleeveless tops on the racks, but I believe these would be quite popular too, given that they only cost S$24.90 a pop.
On another note, H&M is also giving out S$10 gift card for every S$70 spent currently. This is definitely the most opportune time to go shopping there.
« Previous: Perforated Bags
- Published by MsGlitzy.com on March 25, 2013 9:24 PM