I believe the rose is probably one of the most well-loved floral amongst womankind. The rose scent is used often in beauty products, the colour is associated to different shades of pink, rose oil helps to refine skin texture and possesses aromatherapy properties that calm and soothe.
What not to love about them?
1. By Terry Baume de Rose Jar SPF 15 (S$90) – A cult product from By Terry, this creamy lip balm has a delightful aroma of fresh roses and is packed with hydrating and repairing properties for the chapped lips. While priced on the higher end, this rich treat exudes a little rosy glow, making it perfect as a shimmery lip tint.
2. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist (S$45 for 50ml) - I have mentioned this product several times on this blog. Indeed, it is one of the few beauty products that I have been loyally using all this while. This could be used a toner, or a facial mist to rejuvenate your skin. The rose scent is invigorating and a great perk-me-up after a dreary day.
3. Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream (S$70 for 40ml) – You could check out my review of this skincare range here but this rich moisturising cream is effective in keeping our skin supple and plump, without causing any breakout if applied correctly.
4. Lancôme Vernis in Love in Rose Macaron 335N (S$30) – A shade from the brand’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection, this is the perfect nail shade for summer! It is a bright, creamy shade of pink with a glossy finish – not quite the colour of a real-life rose macaron but definitely delicious enough for the sweltering summer season.
5. Crabtree & Evelyn Conditioning Hand Wash in Rosewater (S$30 for 250ml) – A new product range from Crabtree & Evelyn, the Rosewater hand wash is not only in a lovely shade of pink, it releases a captivating fragrance of rosewater, surrounded with light notes of violet, floral and musk. A luxurious therapy for our hands, I would say.
6. Penhaligon’s Peoneve Eau de Parfum (S$220 for 50 ml) – This is another product that I have mentioned several times – for full review, you could click here. This is a distinctive scent that is also extremely long-wearing, with the heart notes of Bulgarian rose and Peony. It never fail to amaze me when I still manage to smell a whiff of the fresh floral towards the end of the day. Some might find this fragrance difficult to accept at first whiff, but I feel that it is one that grows on you slowly and surely.
7. NARS Satin Lipstick in Tolède (S$38) - Described as a “pink rose” shade, this is a flattering blush shade for the lips that is creamy and long-lasting. A new colour from their Summer collection, the Tolède – which is named after the capital of Visigothic Spain by the way – is definitely one NARS item that you will get a lot of mileage from.
8. Guerlain Maxi Shine – Gloss d’Enfer’ Lip Gloss in 460 Rose Splatch (S$42) – A shimmery sweet candy pink shade, this is best used as a glossy layer over your favourite lip colour. Alternatively, you are going for subtlety, this would work well for that purpose too.
9. MAC Baking Beauties Pearlmatte Face Powder in Pink Buttercream (S$50) – A limited edition item in MAC’s Spring Summer collection this year, the design of this face powder is inspired by traditional pastries and confections. Pink buttercream features a light silvery pink base with dark pink flowers and periwinkle leaves.
« Previous: Shopping at Haji Lane
» Next: TOD’S Sella Bag
- Published by MsGlitzy.com on July 19, 2013 11:10 AM