As I have mentioned in one of my older posts, to maintain my curled hairdo, I need to go for a perm every 3 months. My mane has gone through digital perm on a quarterly basis, supplemented with hair treatment every 6 months as perming does have some not-so-good impact on the hair quality.
Today, I will be sharing my digital perm experience and the Caretrico Privy hair treatment from my hair sponsor, Shunji Matsuo.
Digital Perm (S$380 excluding cut and wash)
- As the bottom half of my mane is still curled, Justin did a quick wash and cut (S$68) before prepping the hair for straightening.
- The straightening process takes at least half hour, and I get to see my straight hair for a short, fleeting moment!
- Next up, the hair are all partitioned and fitted with rollers. The cotton pads underneath the rollers are to protect my scalp from the heat of the treatment later on.
- The rollers are connected to the machine and the perming starts. It can get a bit warm initially. This is different from the cold (Japanese) perm that doesn’t go through heat treatment.
- After a wash and blow dry, the perm is completed. The whole process takes at least 3 hours.
Having experienced the Japanese perm and digital perm, I would compare that the Japanese perm is a faster process and costs lesser. However, I feel that I needed to spend a bit of time and effort with styling to achieve bouncy curls because there would be days when I woke up with almost straight hair. With digital perm, the curls are very resilient. Just a little bit of texturising spray and blow dry is all I need every morning before stepping out of the house.
My hairdo immediately after the salon visit (left) and a few days later (right).
Because perming does not do much good to the hair quality – for instance, you get tangles at the ends of the hair and drier bits – regular hair treatment is essential to keep the hair silky soft and moisturised. I have experienced a few different hair treatments and would highly recommend Shunji Matsuo’s Caretrico Privy Hair Treatment. This treatment made my hair smooth, tangle-free and a joy to touch. How I love running my fingers through the hair and do a little dramatic flick once in a while…
Caretrico Privy Treatment (S$150)
- The Caretrico Privy Treatment is a quick process – less than an hour – and involves three essential steps.
- Step 1: Gently cleanse the scalp and hair to protect the hair from residual oxide, coat hair and avoid evaporation of moisture and stimulate blood flow.
- Step 2: Nourish and repair the inside of the hair, moisturising the hair as a result.
- Step 3: Hold nourishment and gives hair a shiny, silky texture. This airy finish provides a desirable, light texture for the hair. Imagine light, bouncy and airy curls!
I hope the above recommendations is helpful. I have been perming my hair since last July (only recently with Shunji Matsuo) and I understand how it can be such a time-consuming and costly process. However, I really vouch for regular hair treatments because they make a visible difference on the overall hair quality – which impacts the look and feel of the hairstyle too.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send them my way. All MsGlitzy.com readers can enjoy 10% off chemical services (perm, straightening and colour) with Justin at Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio (Ngee Ann City) when you quote “MsGlitzy” while booking the appointment.
Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio
Ngee Ann City Podium B #05-22
Opening Hours: 10am to 8pm
Tel: 62381522 / 62381514
« Previous: Dior Vernis Mystic Magnetics Nail Polish
- Published by MsGlitzy.com on July 10, 2013 11:33 AM