Truth to be told, this is busy time such that I have difficulties resting and blogging. My skin is breaking out and showing signs of stress. I feel like I am missing out.
But heck these minute first world problems. I read the Straits Times this morning and I was very affected by the reporting on Typhoon Haiyan. This calamity has apparently killed at least 10,000 people in the Philippines. Survivors lost their possessions, their family members and were reportedly “walking like zombies”. Not only is the sanitary situation in the disaster zone poor, the lack of food and medication has led to some violence and social situations.
I have pulled out some information from Today Online on how we can all help. Money is probably the most practical solution to help them now. I believe that individual in-kind donations such as food, supplies and clothes would add more logistical problems to the charity organisations, so do bear this in mind.
SINGAPORE RED CROSS SOCIETY
- Cash donations personally presented at the Red Cross House at 15 Penang Lane Singapore 238486, from 9am to 7pm (Mon-Fri) and 9am to noon (Sat-Sun).
- Donation is accepted via Paypal.
- Volunteers are also needed to man its hotlines and fund collection booths. To register, call: 6664 0500.
- Cash donations personally presented at Blk 160, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #01-1568, Singapore 310160 from 10am – 7pm (Mon-Fri only).
- Funds transfer to Mercy Relief’s DBS Current Account 054-900742-0
- Credit Card donation via www.mercyrelief.org (GIVE page, Pledge to “Foreign Fundraising 2”)
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
- To donate, visit: http://www.give2habitat.org/philippines/ReBuildPhilippines
- Online donation here: https://giving.worldvision.org.sg/en-US/Emergency/Typhoon-Haiyan/
Help can be rendered simply via a click of the button. Let’s all do our part in helping the typhoon survivors in the Philippines!
« Previous: UGG Australia sets up shop in Singapore
- Published by MsGlitzy.com on November 16, 2013 10:23 AM