If you often wonder why your foundation melts or streaks by mid day and have been trying to find a solution to this problem; or if you like to exercise with some makeup on without looking like an “oil rig” post workout, I think you will be interested with what I am going to share with you today.
Shiseido has recently relaunched their popular range of Suncare Foundation, now with new formulation that includes better finish, sun protection and water resistance.
Available in powder compact, liquid foundation and stick foundation, all three products offer sun protection ranging from SPF 35 PA+++ to SPF 43 PA+++. The difference lies in the finish and texture.
- With SuperVeil-UV36o technology from Shiseido, the foundation applies evenly over the skin, providing high UV protection and beautiful, natural-looking finish.
- The Hydro-Restoring FX Complex helps to provide long lasting moisture and protection against dryness. ProfenseCEL fomular helps to reduce wrinkle formation and uneven skintone.
- This is my favourite – the products are resistant to perspiration and sebum.
Here is a breakdown of the different characteristics of the products, catering to different needs:
UV Protective Liquid Foundation (SPF 43 PA +++) – S$60 for 30ml
- Very water resistant and transfer resistant (i.e. you won’t smudge your clothes at the changing room after gym)
- Lightweight liquid texture with dewy finish
- This reminds me of a tinted sunscreen with slightly better coverage. I think the watery texture is something that my dermatologist would approve of, because it is less harsh on the skin and less likely to clog pores.
Step 1: My face after applying the liquid foundation – notice that you could still see some blemishes and imperfections.
UV Protective Stick Foundation (SPF 36 PA +++) – S$38
- Very water resistant
- Slim and nifty twist application
- Creamy texture, suitable as foundation for those with drier skin.
- I tend to use this as a concealer due to its texture.
Step 2: I added the protective stick foundation on my blemishes. See how my face looks smoother and more radiant!
UV Protective Compact foundation (SPF 35 PA +++) – S$16 for the case, S$43 for the powder refill
- Water and sebum resistant
- Light silky texture with matte finish
- You could touch up on your makeup and sun protection simultaneously
- I usually use this as a light setting powder over my BB cream or tinted sunscreen. The foundation provides good coverage if you apply it with a dense flat foundation brush.
Step 3: Dusted the compact foundation with a flat brush. This gives my makeup a matte finish.
I have been using the Liquid Foundation as my everyday product. I feel that the light fluid texture works better for my skin, as compared to the Stick Foundation although the latter gives better coverage. I use the Compact Foundation only when I am using lighter BB creams or for touch-ups. The water resistance properties for these three products are well-tested, the foundation doesn’t melt or streak much as they indeed repel sweat and sebum. Thankfully, they can be easily removed using the Bioderma Micelle Solution.
« Previous: DVF Journey of a Dress
- Published by MsGlitzy.com on May 2, 2014 11:34 AM