It’s finally the end of November. Can’t wait for my ski vacation, which is still… 1 month away.
I believe the fun part while prepping and anticipating for the vacation would be the shopping! The outfit planning, how to play up your fashion quota with ingenious mix-and-match ideas and of course, evaluating the quality of the winter wear that we are considering so that we would look good and feel toasty in the bitter cold.
For those who are going for a ski vacation in the coming months and have yet to start shopping, here are some suggestions.
1. Columbia Women’s Snow Front Jacket (US$180)- Waterproof outerwear are must-have for ski or snow-boarding. I bought my jacket from Columbia, which deployed their patented thermal and insulation technology on the jackets that are suited for snow sports. Another brand to consider while shopping for trusty outerwear would be North Face.
2. Missoni Polka Dot Zig Zag Gloves (US$110) – You would need waterproof gloves for snow sports, which can be rented at the ski resort. For post-snow activities hours, you could consider some adorable gloves – after all how often do we get to wear these in Singapore? This pair of Missoni gloves is both cute and practical with it’s additional length that helps to warm the arms in the icy cold climate.
3. Eugenia Kim Skye Beanie (US$249.79) – Another cute hat for the outfit for after-ski happy hour.
4. Columbia Women’s Bugaboo Pants (US$95) – Similar to the jacket, it is necessary to do get a pair of waterproof ski pants, preferably with insulated or fleece lining. It’s not possible to do snow sports in jeans as the material is not waterproof.
5. Lacroix Mirrored Anti-Fog Goggles (US$169.70) – I thought this pair of Lacroix goggles selling at Net-a-Porter looked really sleek. For my own vacation, I got a pair of affordable ones from Taobao – not sure how effective it would be, but we shall see!
6. Uniqlo Heat Tech Leg Warmers (S$14.90) – These were on sale at S$9.90 so I grabbed them as a nice-to-have. Uniqlo has stocked up tonnes of winter wear and accessories at affordable prices – I also bought some Heat Tech t-shirt and fleece jacket too.
7. Sorel Winter Carnival Boots (US$125) – These boots have been raved by several bloggers as ideal for winter climate. I initially purchased the Caribou boots but those were so heavy that I eventually returned them and got a lighter version instead.
8. Chinti and Parker Striped Cashmere Sweater (US$485.58) – The weather would be cold, so load up on cashmere and other knits. Stripes will never go out of vogue and they are incredibly easy to match and layered on.
Here are some celebrity ski outfits as inspirations.
Kate Moss - the ski fashion goddess looked chic in black.
Jade Seah – love her plaid pants!
Jun Ji Hyun in “My Love for The Stars” – Sorry I couldn’t resist posting this photo because it is so sweet and breathtaking. Just swap the skinny jeans for waterproof pants.
« Previous: Aesop Seasonal Gift Kits 2014
- Published by MsGlitzy.com on November 24, 2014 11:35 AM