Indeed, packing for work trip is no joke! Typically, we try not to check in the luggage to avoid long waiting time at the baggage belt after landing. As you can imagine, packing a few days of your life in a cabin luggage is no mean feat.
Here are some tips on how to pack like a pro for your next work trip.
(Clockwise from top left) Basic beauty pouch (Image Credit), Uniqlo Bra Top, Theory Edition 4 Gabe N Blazer, Faith Aero Black Flats, Ted Baker Skinny Scarf, H&M Sports Tights, DVF New Jeanne Two Wrap Dress
By the time you read this post, I am probably approaching my holiday destination – London! It has been a while since I last traveled and gosh I am literally brimming with excitement.
As always, I hope to look good on my pictures but I can’t possibly pack my entire wardrobe in the suitcase. I thought I could share with you some of my personal tips on how to maximise your wardrobe without over-packing.
For new readers, this post on mix and match, and this post on my travel beauty pouch might be helpful for you.
2010 in Shanghai. Was pondering whether to pack this houndstooth jacket to brave unexpected cold winds.
It’s travel time again and I thought it would be fun to share what I carry in my travel beauty pouch. I usually over-pack and those in the know are often bewildered why I carry such a huge luggage for a 4-5 day trip. I have no clue either.
I hate packing for my trip because I always wish to travel light, but I also want to look good (and varied) in my holiday photos. Eventually, I end up being a very casual dresser when I am traveling because I want to be practical and I try to leave luggage space for my new acquistions!
So the purpose of this entry: I chose 10 items and try to put together 6 presentable and practical travel outfits:
- Sling bag: Sling bag or messenger bag are easy to carry around while traveling and I like bags with multiple compartments to store my knick-knacks.
- Bottoms: I opt for trusty jeans and comfortable shorts, since its summer time!
- Jacket: This is a travel essential, as it can be cold on the plane, or for cool weathers at night.
- Tops: I would chose clothes that are comfortable and not too restrictive in terms of movement. Tops that are light-weight and can be layered are preferred.
- Statement accessories: I chose a scarf and a statement necklace. These items are light-weight, yet they add the sparkle to your plain outfit instantly.
- Flats: Comfortable shoes for walking, need I say more?
Haha, that leaves you a lot of space in the luggage right? And of course, you should factor in the possibility that you would be wearing your new purchases too!